Your Space at Home – Update 10.02.21
We can’t wait to see you back in our centres at the first possible opportunity…
But until that time comes, to keep you moving we are still offering our members Your Space @ Home for FREE.
22+ hours of LIVE classes weekly
45+ hours on-demand classes
New classes added daily
No equipment needed
Access from a smartphone, laptop or tablet
To get moving straight away check your inbox to retrieve your unique promo code and follow the steps to join.
See you soon!
When will my next payment be taken?
For people whose direct debits were taken on the 1st November you will not pay again until 1st January.
For those people whose payments fall on the 15th of the month, your next payment will be 15th December as we didn’t take your payment in November.
Annual members will be credited with an extra one month on top of their membership.
Why is there a transaction pending on my account?
Where your membership has been frozen or cancelled, in some cases, your online banking may show your next payment as pending (or listed as an upcoming bill/Direct Debit due for collection). We recommend checking with your bank to see if any additional payments are due.
I am an annual pre-paid member, will my membership be extended?
Yes, we’ll be extending your membership by the length of time that the club is closed for.
How do I access Your Space at Home?
We understand the impact this can have not only physically and mentally, but we’re in this together! To keep you active at home we are giving 3 months FREE access to our new online club – Your Space at home.
Keep an eye on your emails for your exclusive promo code!
Our approach to safety, cleanliness and social distancing
Is it safe to go back to the gym?
Yes, we’re confident in our ability to minimise the risk of infection and keep our members safe.
We’ve implementing enhanced cleaning procedures and adopting stringent social distancing measures to create a safe environment for you to visit.
We’ve asking members and staff not to visit the club if they feel unwell or have COVID-19 symptoms, and there will be clear signage to reflect this.
What are your enhanced cleaning and safety procedures?
Both staff and members will play a part in creating a clean and safe environment for everyone. Our increased infection prevention procedures include:
- Hand sanitising stations: We ask that you sanitise your hands in the entrance on arrival and throughout the gym during your visit.
- Microfibre cloths & sanitisation: We are providing microfibre cloths and sanitisation to all visitors, so you can clean any gym equipment before and after use.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures- our teams will be carrying out enhanced cleaning procedures focusing heavily on all touch points throughout the day.
- Increased cleaning hours: Gym equipment will be sanitised on a regular basis throughout the day and the gym. We’ll also be shortening group exercise classes to allow more time for the studios to be cleaned.
- Training: All staff have undertaken cleaning training including COVID-19 Awareness, Infection Prevention and Hand Hygiene
- Protection: We’ve installed plastic shields at reception desks and we’ll be providing PPE for our staff in line with Public Health England recommendations.
What social distancing measures have you put in place?
- Social distancing signage: This includes including floor markers indicating where to stand, posters indicating capacity in each area of the gym and, where possible, directional signs indicating one-way systems
- Limits on numbers: To avoid overcrowding, we will limit how many people are allowed in the gym at once.It is important you book your session before you arrive , so we can keep track of numbers and always comply with social distancing measures .We will need to ask you to wait before you enter the gym floor, using the social distance markers. We ask all members not to enter the site until the start of their session.
- Swim session booking: In addition to class and gym floor bookings, we’ll be taking bookings for swim sessions to limit the number of members using the pool.
- Smaller classes: Studio capacity will be reduced for group exercise classes to allow for the 2-metre social distancing rule. When you’re waiting for your class, please follow social distancing rules and clear the studio space as quickly as you can when the class has finished
- Shorter classes: Classes will be between 30 and 45 minutes, to allow time for cleaning and to allow members to leave the studio safely
- Less equipment: Some equipment on the gym floor will be unavailable to allow for social distancing
- Fewer lockers: To avoid having too many people in the changing rooms, there won’t be as many lockers available as usual.
Will staff be wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)?
Our staff will be risk assessed for the need for barrier protection, e.g. face coverings such as visors. PHE guidance states that where physical distancing can’t be maintained, or the possibility for exposure is high (such as long lengths of time indoors) or risk of activity is high (for example directly working with bodily fluids) there is a higher risk of exposure.
All members of our clean team will be provided with adequate PPE to ensure both their own safety and yours, in line with Public Health England and UK Active advice. All other members of staff will be wearing PPE where the 2-metre rule can’t be adhered to.
Gloves can be contaminated with germs, which are difficult to remove, so regular handwashing and using antibacterial hand sanitiser is deemed to be more hygienic. In addition, in a gym environment masks will get damp, which reduces their effectiveness and may also limit a member’s oxygenation when working at intensity.
Will you be providing hand sanitising gel?
Yes, there will be a free-standing hand sanitising station at the entrance to your gym, which we ask you to use before you enter, as well as additional-mounted hand sanitising dispensers in key areas throughout the gym.
Have the gyms been deep cleaned?
Yes, all gyms are deep cleaned regularly. This is an enhanced cleaning process to ensure gyms are clean and disinfected as part of BPL .
During the closure, all our swimming pools have remained full, filtrated and dosed with the appropriate level of chemicals to ensure they are in the best condition for reopening. Regular checks on the water quality have been completed along with planned maintenance of the pool plant equipment. A full opening procedure has taken place following the guidance from the British Pool Water Treatment Advisory Group (PWTAG).
Our sites have been visited regularly by our building maintenance teams and we have followed a strict water management regime of regular flushing and turnover of water in our systems, along with temperature monitoring on all our showers and taps. A number of microbiological water tests will be carried out on our water system prior to opening.
How to clean the equipment?
To help reduce the environmental impact of paper towel waste we have swapped our usual blue roll on our cleaning stations for a micro fibre cloth which will be issued to each customer upon entry. Please;
Wipe down the kit before and after use.
Wipe down all touch points.
Deposit your cloth in the laundry bin before you exit the building.
Use the paper towel in the dispensers to wipe yourself when sweating and dispose of in the bins provided.
How can I reduce the spread of infection in the gym to protect myself and others?
Please stay at home if you have any concerns whatsoever that you may have contracted, or been in touch with anyone infected with COVID-19.
When in the gym, following the simple guidelines: keep your distance, wash your hands, and clean down kit before and after use with the new self-cleaning stations provided. Also, try not to talk directly to people face to face, rather to one side of each other. Shouting propels droplets further. If coughing or sneezing, do so into the inside of your elbow to catch droplets.
Visiting the gym
Will there be any changes to my gym’s opening hours?
Yes some of our sites have adjusted their opening hours please check their specific website for full opening times.
How do I access the gym?
To ensure social distancing is followed at the Metrodome, all our members will need to enter via the far left entrance at the front of the Metrodome.
Will there be any changes to the class timetable?
Unfortunately, due to the Tier 3 restrictions from the government, there will now be no group exercise classes taking place, until government restrictions are relaxed.
Also, we will now be giving all our members at venues effected by the Tier 3 restrictions FREE access to Your Space at Home! This is our new online club that has over 1200 minutes worth of your favourite classes, taught by your favourite instructors, that you can do from the comfort of your own home. We will be sending out your unique code for this in the coming days.
How do I make a gym session or lane swim booking?
Please use the online bookings or Your space app to book your class , gym or swim session. You can also book online. If you don’t have an account or need help getting started please click here.
What should I bring?
- Workout gear: Please arrive ready to work out to avoid using the changing room.
- Minimal belongings: All you need is your membership card and bank card if you want to make a purchase – we won’t be accepting cash
- Full water bottle: Water fountains will be unavailable for hygiene reasons. You can purchase a bottle of water using your contactless card if needed
- Yoga mat: If you’ve booked a yoga or Pilates class we ask that you bring your own mat
- Towel: If you’re using the pool, please bring your own towel. Please don’t bring a sweat towel.
Do I need to arrive ready to workout?
Yes, please do arrive ready to workout where possible as the changing rooms have limited capacity.
Can I use the members lounge?
Currently our members lounge is closed until further notice, we will inform members once we’re able to reopen.
How do I book swimming sessions?
To book swimming and classes, follow the steps below:
Download the Your Space app;
Click here to download the Your Space App via the App Store.
Click here to download the Your Space App via the Google Play Store.
2. Open the app, select your facility, scroll down and click ‘Gym sessions, Class & Swimming sessions’ tab.
3. Log on with your username and password or register if you haven’t created an account. (Please make sure you have your membership number to hand, you can locate this on the back of your membership card).
4. To book the session you want to attend, click Home in the top right corner of the app and hit the Classes button.
5. Select the gym you would like to attend, followed by your chosen session and date.
6. Click search and select the time slot to suit (Please be aware that we are currently operating at a limited capacity, the amount of space will be identified in each session tab).
7. Finally, add the session to your basket, accept the terms and conditions, click Checkout and Make Booking to secure your place.
How can I cancel gym sessions?
If you need to cancel your session for any reason, follow the steps below:
- Click ‘My Account’
- Select ‘All’ to view your booked classes
- Select the booking you would like to cancel
- Hit ‘Cancel’
How can I book a session if I don’t have a PC or smart phone?
To book a session without a PC or smart phone, you will need to call the number below:
Which is Gym room 1 and Gym room 2?
Your Space Metrodome comprises of two gym rooms.
Gym 1 has mainly CV equipment (Treadmills, Cross Trainers, resistance machines ect), with a small free weights area at the back of the room.
Gym 2 has mainly free weights, strength training equipment, functional area and boxing station.
Gym services and facilities
Will I be able to access Personal Training?
Yes, however we will only allow our PT’s to have 1-1 sessions during this period. The only exception to this is a group session with people from the same household.
Can I book a programme review or induction?
Yes we will be offering these on a 1-1 basis or if you are part of the same household you can do this together with one of instructors.
Are you allowing junior’s into gym sessions?
Yes, the capacities will differ site to site and they are expected to book as per adult member.
Will I be able to buy food and drink at the cafe?
We’ll be offering a reduced café service with some cafés remaining closed.
At the reopened cafés, you’ll be able to buy grab-and-go items like protein bars, snacks and hot drinks. Also, opening hours will be reduced, seating areas will be closed, and we’ll only be able to accept card payments for now.
Will the Fitness For All day on Tuesdays be running as normal?
These aren’t running for the time being, we will inform customers when we have a date to run these sessions once again.
Are Aqua classes still running?
No, Swimming sessions are available to book as normal but there will be no aqua based group exercise available.
When will the fitness changing rooms and showers be fully open?
The changing room are open. Although, we have made some changes in how we operate…
- Clean your locker before and after use (A cleaning station has been set up within each changing room).
- Sanitise any benches, hairdryers and clothes hooks before and after use.
- Sanitise or wash your hands upon entering and before leaving the changing rooms.
- Remain 2 metres apart from other at all times.
Swimming and relaxation areas
Will I be able to use the swimming pool?
Yes, swimming sessions are available. You’ll need to book in for your swim session using the online booking system. Timetables may vary.
Looking for swimming lesson FAQs?
Swimming lessons have commenced. For all swimming lesson FAQ’s please click here.
What about family swim sessions?
They will be available through the booking system, please check website for availability.
Will I be able to use the sauna, steam room and spa pools?
All saunas, steam rooms and spa pools are currently closed.
Will classes run by external providers still be operating (e.g. Puddle Ducks)
No, these classes won’t be available just yet. We’ll restart them as soon as we’re able to.
I am a member, how do I book a members lane swim?
1. Open the app, scroll down and click ‘Gym, Class & Swim sessions’ tab.
2. Log on with your username and password.
3. To book the class you want to attend, click Home in the top right corner of the app and hit the Classes button.
4. Select Members Only Swim and the date you wish to attend.
5. Click search and select the time slot to suit (Please be aware that we are currently operating at a limited capacity, the amount of space will be identified in each session tab).
6. Finally, add the session to your basket, accept the terms and conditions, click Checkout and Make Booking to secure your place.
Can I bring a friend using a free day pass?
No, unfortunately day passes won’t be accepted for the foreseeable future.
I usually workout with a friend, can I still do this?
You should only train with a member of your household as per current government guidelines.
Do I have to wear a face mask in the gym?
Yes, we are asking members to access the facilities via the original fitness entrance reception upstairs and also to wear a face covering in some areas of the Metrodome.
Although we are rigidly monitoring capacities within our facility as per government guidance there will be a slight increase in people passing through reception and communal areas, therefore using a face covering is an extra precaution we’d like you to take.
Areas where a face covering is required;
Upper & lower communal areas (Reception)
Class & gym waiting areas
Swim changing rooms
Swim spectator areas
You are not required to wear a face covering whilst you are exercising and whilst using the fitness changing facilities.
If you forget a face covering, don’t worry, we have a limited supply on reception that you can purchase.
Should I wear gloves in the gym?
No, gloves can harbour a high viral load and contaminate surfaces. The individual may also transfer from glove to face in a higher dose and not touching the face and washing hands thoroughly is far more important.
I want to join, are you taking on new members?
Yes, we are always taking on new members! To join, follow the link to view our amazing membership packages, fit to suit everyone’s needs.